It’s full of joys! It’s the oh, so simple things that bring me the most joy. . .
– A clean house. 🙂
– Seeing my husband’s truck coming “round the bend” towards home after a long day at work.
– The crisp orange, red and yellow changing leaves of fall.
– The smell of apple cider and pumpkin spice as the weather begins to cool.
– Comfort food made in the warmth of my own kitchen.
– Gathering around the table with family talking about our joys and disappointments of the day.
– Being able to sleep in on a Saturday morning.
– The look of happiness on your child’s face as he has successfully accomplished a daunting task.
– Music, music and more music! (I love music!!)
– A nice, steaming hot cup of coffee (or two)!
– And the list goes on . . .
Life. It’s good.
It’s also full of disappointments.
People change – some may break your heart, disappoint you, or even confuse you.
It may be family. . .
a parent who has gone to be with Jesus where you can no longer call him/her up on a whim or share any more holiday memories. It may be a child or brother or sister who is lost and you don’t know how to help anymore.
It may be a friend who has moved on and is no longer in your life, and you don’t really know how that happened.
It could be someone that you, at one time, looked up to but has now shown you that he/she is ‘real’ and is not perfect. . . just like you.
Maybe someone said some hurtful things about you….someone that you thought loved you.
Things change – Everything changes over time.
Everything changes over time. Whether good or bad, nothing ever stays the same.
He is the ONLY constant in this life. Never changing. Always the same – yesterday, today and forever!
Your heart may be breaking for some reason – you may be torn and not know what to do in a certain situation. Things may seem hopeless at this time and you may not even know where to begin.
When you don’t know what to do, call upon His name. Ask Him for wisdom, which He promises to give freely. Keep praying until that answer comes. Pray without ceasing. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. (James 4:8)
Jesus . . . The most beautiful Name of all names.